The Cricket Green, Hambledon, GU8 4HF.
- Period Cottage
- Open Fires
- Reduced Market Rent Home
- Working Families on Moderate Income
- Conditions Apply
HAMBLEDON VILLAGE TRUST PROPERTY - REDUCED MARKET RENT FOR WORKING FAMILIES ON LOW TO MODERATE INCOMES (conditions apply)
Fully refurbished character property, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom with bath and shower, 2 reception rooms, galley kitchen, cloakroom/utility, gardens.
Regency Lettings & Property Management of Chiddingfold, are delighted to be representing Hambledon Village Trust in the letting and management of Pendle Cottage, adjacent to the village shop on the Cricket Green, offered as a reduced market rental home for working families on low to moderate incomes.
Pendle Cottage is a characterful period cottage currently undergoing refurbishment and will offer two double bedrooms, a new bathroom with bath and shower, two reception rooms, galley style kitchen, large cloakroom/utility and good sized garden with summer house and greenhouse. The property has been rewired, had new central heating installed and been re-plastered, and will be offered fully redecorated with kitchen white goods and curtains throughout. A new septic tank shared with the shop has recently been installed.
Rental £1,000 pcm. Security Deposit of equivalent of one month’s rental to be held in a custodial scheme with the DPS.
Tenants will be liable for council tax, utility bills and 50% share of the cost of emptying the septic tank. Tenants will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the gardens.
The Trust will pay all associated letting and application costs for the tenancy.
Pendle Cottage is due to be available for occupancy from September 2017.
Reduced Market Rental Home for Local Working Families Criteria
To qualify, preferred criteria are as follows:
1. Currently resident in Hambledon OR
2. Not currently resident in Hambledon but with a strong local connection to the Parish OR
3. Has an essential need to live close to another person who is resident in Hambledon and has been so resident permanently and continuously during the past 5 years. Such essential need arising from proven age or medical reasons relating to such person. OR:
4. A need to move to the parish to secure employment or to continue employment locally and have either an existing permanent employment or imminent prospects of employment in a service offered to the village. AND MUST BE:
5. Working families moderate incomes, not in receipt of Local Housing Allowance (top ups may be considered).
6. Be able to pass credit checks and referencing by Homelet referencing agency.
Applicants should request a pre-application form of interest from Valissa Burnett at Regency Lettings & Property Management on 01428 684540 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to references and supporting documents the Trust’s Tenant Selection Committee would like to make a decision on selecting tenants before the end of August.
Viewings strictly by appointment.